Thursday, June 10, 2010

american football vs. rugby



In 1823 the game of rugby was invented. Rugby, usually called the father of football was created almost 70 years before American gridiron football. American football has diverted down from rugby having similar rules to rugby. Like American football, rugby is played in a fast paced motion but differs as it has few stops and continuous possessions. Unlike American football every player on the rugby field must be able to pass, defend, kick, catch and run. The way of scoring is the same(running the ball into the other teams endzone). What largely differentiates football from rugby is that rugby refuses to use pads or helmets. Some say this makes rugby better. What do you think? Here is a video that may help you decide.


Thanks to our guest blogger, Kishan E.

14 comments:

Allen said...

In my opinion rugby is better because it is more dangerous. The danger of injuries just makes the game better. But football looks pretty cool too.

Kyle said...

I think football is better. Rugby is cool and I would like to play it sometime.

demetrius said...

I never watched Rugby until today. I think i like Rugby better. It's way more action in Rugby.

jerk king said...

I think Rugby looks cool but I prefer Football instead. I do not play Football I actually play soccer. I think the Rugby is a mixture between Soccer and Football.

lisa said...

I think thta football is better for many diffrent reasons. Rugby football seems like a sport that you can get hurt in. The reason I say this is because you have no gear to protect yourself. So I think football is better I do not care so much for this sport called Rugby football.

alexis said...

I think that rugby seeems pretty cool, but I have never played it. I think that football is alittle better, because its safer. In football you have helmets and pads and stuff, but in rugby it seems like an intense sport!

The WWII Reenactor said...

Personally I perfer football because its American. Rugby lokks like it has too many injuries and is harder to play. Rugby does look like fun though football is better.

Mary said...

I would have to choose rugby over American Football. I like football but rugby is more interesting to me.

cole said...

I think football is better. Rugby seems to be fun. But there is nothing that compares to the good ole gridiron.

christinaa said...

I think football is better then rugby. It just seems more interesting i guess. But I would probably watch both, I surly don't plan on playing.

Unknown said...

I don't even know what rugby is but I like football. I have never seen it before.

Quintus said...

i think they should let rugby n football players go without helments n padding

Kianna said...

I rather play American football, because I am more familiar with the sport. I have heard of Rugby, but I don't have the urge to play or watch it. Rugby seems more dangerous, because you don't have any equipment to protect you.

Darion said...

I think rugby is better. It lets you cause damage using your own strength instead of helmets. It also has more action.